Friday, January 19, 2007

Go To Bed Already, Will Ya?

This is so typical for me. I have a 9:30 coffee meeting at a K Street Starbucks tomorrow morning, which means I gotta get showered, ironed and dressed, fix the kids' lunches, make sure they eat breakfast and warm up my truck enough to at least de-ice the windows so we can be out of the house by 8:15 and I can be on the Metro before 9. And where am I at almost 2 in the morning? Sitting in the basement, listening to some oldies, parked in front of this laptop, hammering out my first blog entry.

Don't worry about me, though. I'll be fine in the morning. One good jolt of coffee (OK, two) and a hot shower and I'll be good to go. Stacy - that's my wife - will make sure I get up on time. I love that I can count on her to do that for me. We take care of each other, Me and Stace. She's my best friend. In the whole world.

It's cold tonight. Down in to the teens, the weatherlady said. Possible flurries overnight. The kids - they're 11 and 8 - did this crazy snow dance with their friends tonight. Something about wearing your clothes backward and inside out, singing "Let It Snow" while standing around a toilet, opening a window and throwing a cup of water outside and then sleeping with a spoon under the pillow. All the kids in the neighborhood know about the Snow Dance - and they're tired of being the only place in the country that hasn't seen a flake of snow this winter. The kids tell me that this dance will make it snow in 48 hours

Tonight, on the 11 o'clock news, the weather dude said it could snow this weekend. Well, whaddayaknow? Think the kids called the TV weather dude just to mess with my head?

Nahhhh. Now, I'm really losing it... Time to crash. I promise to write again soon.

No comments: